This is my first progress report on the chess goals and resolutions I made back on December 21st. While I haven’t had the time or inclination to update my blog, I have been active in my training averaging one hour per day of training. During the last two months, I have continously tweaked my training schedule as well as the resources I use for training. I hope to have settled on a schedule and resource list in a few more weeks, and when I do I’ll post about it here. In the meantime, you can view it by visiting my shared Google Calendar. Overall I am happy with my results, but I need to play in a rated USCF tournament so I can gauge my progress using my USCF rating.
- USCF rating to 1400 – haven’t played any rated tournament games since 9/2009.
- Chesstempo standard rating to 1850. Currently at 1769 (started at 1700 +69)
- ICC standard rating to 1825 currently. Currently at 1777 started at 1750 (+27)
- 4 tournaments in 12 months – so far I have not played any tournaments but I am planning on playing on 2/28/2010.
- Play 2 standard games / week. I have been doing this religiously plus I sprinkle 2-3 long games at work. I have noticed that my blitz play has deteriorated, but I’ll worry about this some other time.
- 6 training sessions – I haven’t had any, and I will probably cut this back to 4 in 1 year…due to budget and time constraints.
Short Term Goals
- Dedicate 1 hr / day to chess Spending an average of 1 1/2 hours per day dedicated to chess study and play – Grade A+
- Review standard games Giving myself a B- because while I am reviewing my games I could be doing a better job. I need to analyze the game away from my computer, because having the engine available is to much of a temptation. – Grade B-
- OTB before the end of February – targeting 2/28/10 – Grade Incomplete
- Increase chesstempo standard rating to 1750. Currently at 1769, so I met my short term goal and I am on track to meet my long term goal of 1850 – Grade A+
New short term goals